Monday 18 February 2013

Art of the Title; Signs

This is an analysis of Signs (2002)
http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/signs/
The main area I will be looking at is how the titles are presented in the opening sequence of Signs.
These aspects are important to my needs in making my triller as I shall understand how to lay the titles out.
I will be creating my own production for my thriller which will be shown in my opening sequence as well.

Signs starts off with the production name (Touchstone Pıctures) this informs the audience who has produced this film.
It then states the actors names, this is useful as it enables the audience to know who is in the film. These are all shown fading in and out.
Then the title is shown and the soundtrack starts, this gives a sense of tension to the audience.
Then it continues to state names, this shows the audience that they play a part of importance in creating or being a part of the film.

In my opinion the opening scene of Signs has not got much going on and therefore does not explain much to the viewers, in my openin scene I want a clear view of what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment